Thursday, 20 November 2014

Vintage Home Decor illustrations From The 60's

 I was looking through some of the older books in our book case. Among the various books like Scream Queens, The History Of Flower Arranging, and The Colourful World of Birds I rediscovered this handsome hardcover volume, Reader's Digest Do-It-Yourself Manual, published in Australia 1965

Readers Digest DIY Manual Australia 1965

 He has owned this book for a number of years now. It was given to him by his father, when we were renovating our previous home. A cute little Edwardian weatherboard in Glen Iris, Victoria. My father in-law was a cabinet maker and though he had taught He quite a bit of carpentry, the book could be used as a great reference source.

I helped with many things during that renovation, such as paint stripping, floor sanding, demolition, holding up cornice etc. But I definitely don't have any carpentry skills at all.
 (even with such a great reference book !)
My interest in the book was the fabulous 60s furniture and outdoor living designs contained within, and of course the wonderful retro illustrations!
And even though our renovation was very Country Edwardian at the time, I definitely still loved sixties styling.

So today when I was looking through the book, I thought of you, and wondered if you would like to share in the enjoyment of them.

60s couple doing home decor

Obviously she has about as much skill as I do!
 Here darling, just hold that screw driver and look pretty.

1960s lounge/living  room


1960s cocktail bar


1960s sideboard


1960s couples enjoying a bbq


1960s outdoor area with cane chair

Don't you just love vintage illustrations?

Me.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment